We choose our 3 days chimpanzee trekking safari in Uganda as we visit the home of primates, Kibale national park. During your 3 Days Chimpanzee trekking safaris in Kibale Forest we shall take you on a guided chimpanzee trekking experience in the thick forest of Kibale where you will encounter different species of primates and 1000’s of birds. our 3 Days Chimpanzee trekking safari in Kibale will see you visit Bigodi swamp and here you will meet and encounter with the local community, community organization and the school children, all the preceding will be going to support the local community as a form of supporting and giving back to the society so as to conserve the park. Book now for your ultimate chimpanzee trekking experience.
Itinerary for 3 Days Chimpanzee Trekking Safaris in Kibale Uganda
Day 1: Transfer to Kibale Forest National park.
Today your driver/guide will pick you from your residence/ hotel in Kampala or Entebbe and drive to western town of fort portal as we set off on our 3 days chimpanzee trekking safari in Kibale Uganda, break off for lunch in Fort portal after we will drive to visit the Toro crater lakes, tea plantations as we proceed to check in at lodge/Hotel of your choice in Kibale, then rest and prepare your self for the next day Chimpanzee tracking adventure. Meal plan Lunch and dinner.
Day 2: Chimpanzee trekking safari – Kibale national park and Bigodi swamp walk.
Chimpanzee trekking safari in Kibale will start the day with an early breakfast, before your driver takes you to the information center where you will meet with other guests for briefing on the DO’s and DON’T’S while meeting with the chimpanzees. Chimpanzee trekking safari in Kibale experience takes between 2-6 hours depending on how far the chimpanzee groups have moved and you will return to the lodge for lunch and after we shall again take you for community and nature walk with in Bigodi swamp where you will be able to see different species of birds, monkeys and most common ones being the Red-tallied and black and white Columbus monkeys, the tour will see you also meet with local community, women groups and school going children, which will give you true touch of an African experience safari and end the day with dinner and overnight at choice of your lodge. Meal plan Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Day 3: drive back to Kampala.
As we make an end to our 3 days chimpanzee trekking safari in Kibale, we shall have an early breakfast then drive back to Kampala with an optional visit to Semuliki hot spring before returning back to Kampala and that will mark an end to our 3 days chimpanzee trekking safaris in Kibale Uganda. Meal plan Breakfast and packed lunch
Suggested lodges/Hotels for our 3 days chimpanzee trekking safari in Kibale Uganda
- Ndali lodge, Primate Lodge and crater safari lodge for (Luxury option)
- Chimpanzee guest house, Kibale forest Camp for (Midrange option)
- Kibale forest camp-Lazy camping and Rweteera lodge (Budget option)
Chimpanzee trekking safari in Kibale Uganda package includes.
- Pick up from your Hotel or residence in Kampala.
- Transport to Kibale for chimpanzee trekking safari and back to Kampala.
- Accommodation in the selected lodges in shared Double/twin room.
- Meal as per trip plan.
- Chimpanzee trekking permit for each valid for a day.
- Bigodi community walk.
- Visit to the crater lakes.
However our 3 days chimpanzee trekking safaris in Kibale experience excludes.
- Optional visit to Semuliki national park for Hot springs.
- Meals and drinks not mentioned in the trip plan.
- Medical and travel insurance.
- Airport transfers.
Some of the Chimpanzee tracking guidelines or trekking rules
- No smoking is allowed while with the Chimpanzee or within a distance of 200 meters from the Chimpanzee.
- Keep Distance of 7 meters (21 feet) away from the Chimpanzee.
- Do not use flash photography as they may scare the Chimpanzee.
- Do not make loud noise or move suddenly.
- Anyone with flue or Diarrhea or any sort of communicable diseases will not be allowed to enter the park for Chimpanzee trekking safaris in Kibale Uganda.
- Always stay in a tight group while with the Chimpanzee and do not surround the Chimpanzee while meeting them.
- Persons aged below 15 years are not allowed to do Chimpanzee tracking.
What to carry for your Chimpanzee trekking Safaris in Kibale Uganda.
- Wear comfortable hiking shoes or closed boots suitable for steep muddy slopes.
- For those who may not be comfortable with jungle sounds Put on ear plugs.
- Carry packed lunch and enough drinking water.
- Don’t forget to carry rain gear, weather gloves, sunscreen lotion and a hat for unpredictable weather.
- Carry with you insect repellent.
- You can carry photo camera though using flashlight is not allowed in use during the encounter with Chimpanzees.